As summer winds down, I am trying to find the time to fit in all of my favorite grill recipes before grilling season ends. Chipotle Lime Chicken Kabobs were a huge hit in our home last summer, but somehow were forgotten this year until this week. I love this recipe, because you can tailor it to your preferences so easily – you can swap out the chicken for shrimp or beef, or add/subtract any veggies to your liking.
To make set up and clean up super simple, I used a skewer rack. This made it so much easier to clean off the grill afterwards, and didn’t create a separate plate for me to clean off after prep!
- 1-1 1/2 lbs of chicken tenderloin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 bell peppers, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 of a red onion, cut into 2 inch pieces
- Handful of white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Juice from 1 lime
- Whisk together olive oil, chipotle, cumin, salt, pepper, and lime juice in a medium bowl.
- Place chicken in bowl and coat with sauce. Allow chicken to marinate for at least 20 minutes in fridge.
- Thread chicken, peppers, onions, and mushrooms onto skewers alternately.
- Heat grill to medium-high and lightly oil grill grate.
- Grill for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through.
- Let cool and enjoy!
All views and opinions expressed in this post are mine. This is not a sponsored/paid post. This post may contain affiliate links. Thank you for supporting SAH GF.